I’m thinking of kickstarting a new series of podcasts again soon, and wanted to test some ideas about what might be relevant and useful? Here are some topics I was thinking of planning a discussion around:
- Is AM radio due a revival?
- Challenging the auto-generated message machine!
- Are the UNESCO community media principles still relevant to UK community media?
- Informal and participative learning models for community media.
- Who cares about Ofcom - what the future for online community radio?
- Community media as community development.
- Not everything should go digital.
- Lessons from the pandemic.
- Community radio for civic and public engagement.
I also want to speak with as many practitioners of community media as I can, and get them to talk about what they do and how they got into doing it, and what they think it achieves.
Do these topics seem relevant?